10.10.2007

Abundance


I love this necklace. I have been overflowing with gratitude lately for... everything. My husband, my job, my home, my son, my friends, my family,my mom and dad,money, my experiences that I have, the list goes on and on. This necklace explanation is to remind you that your cup runneth over. How can I not purchase this right now? Not possible.
Sometimes I get a bit down because I think of the things I wish I could have, but I quickly get reminded of how much I do have. How overly blessed that we are.
Last weekend when dane and I were up in Portland, we were walking on 23rd. It was dark, crisp and the streets were lit up just perfect. We were walking back to the car after hitting up Urban. I noticed a man digging through the garbage cans for something to eat. I watched him for a while, searching through one, then two, then on the the third trash can. He finally found some old garbage that would have to do. He was probably in his 60's, short, skinny and so frail. He took his dinner around the corner and started to chow down on garbage. Literally, garbage. I was so taken back that I had to do something. I went over to him, and he was chewing on newpaper to try to get full. I gave him all the cash I had and told him to get something to eat. His eyes filled with tears, and just said thank you. thank you so much. I could not control the flood gates. As dane and I got in the car and started to leave 23rd, I felt so foolish. Foolish for thinking that I needed more, when there are so many people out there that would feel like kings and queens to have what we have.

3 comments:

Kayla R. said...

Count your blessing name them one by one...that song is like my necklace, if ever i need a reminder i start singing that song:) i love you ash and I miss you hope all is well let me know when you figure out nationals!!

Anonymous said...

that was so sweetly and elequently said. Sure do love you and am so proud of who you are

Kimberly Ngarupe said...

i really miss you. i know this sounds gay but i'm having a hard time with it.