
Okay, I have been taking a preschool devlopment class at school. I am so glad that I decided to take this course. I have been learning SO much new information.
When I first moved to Oregon I thought that people here were a little off, and a little too earthy/liberal. Well, I hate to say it but I think that some of "their" ideas are rubbing off on me.
My parenting views have changed a lot since starting this course. Little things like, Tv, Walkers, Baby Chairs, Blocks Etc. These things have become really big issues to me.
I thought I would share some info:
Please I beg you all: Do not put your children in either of the following:::

Baby Chairs and Walkers!
They are detrimental to your childs development. Walkers have been under extreme watch, and were recently banned from all Day care centers. Also, baby "chairs" are now getting a lot of critisim. They do not allow your baby to naturally figure things out. It can cause many blocks in their devlopment. Please parents, lay your children out on blankets. Let them figure out how to use their motor skills. Don't cram them in a walker, or chair. If they Can't sit up by themselves, they shouldn't be forced to!
Yes yes I know, random post. But hey This is my blog I can post what I like.
11 comments:
this is my favorite song! i love pride and prej. and i love this song. it is so beautiful!
i was just about to buy a bumbo for my little girl... something to think about!
Its ok ash... im into hollistic medicine lately... and people think im a little off
i'm so glad to hear that i am not the only one that finds the bumbo totally unnatural.
st. george?
Liberal, sure. But earthy?...fine. You're right.
dana said that she scheduled his house for the last weekend in march. i think its the 29th-31st?
Just FYI, the term "japs" is a racial slur. Really distasteful.
hmmm. you obviously don't know me.
Have a great day ellen.
oh and please don't spend 40 minutes on my blog. i dont know you.
Thanks.
I had heard similar things about walkers and baby chairs. Thanks for sharing with others!
Hey Ashleigh! I just thought I'd finally comment! We have two trips scheduled to the Portland area coming up real soon so we'll have to get together. Oh and Bumbo's are recalled but they aren't being taken off the market. They just had to update their warning label....unless they have been recalled again.... hmm..also...I LOVE the bumbo! lol! Bella sat up a little earlier than on schedule too...but we didn't put her in it 24-7. It was just a big help in keeping her entertained! but who knows maybe she wont crawl because of it! :) I still love it though :P
Post a Comment