Update on my training:
This week I was on the computer and rolled the computer chair over my foot, my big toe nail went with it. The next morning I opened my pantry door on the same toe, pulling my nail farther back.Then I did the dishes and dropped a paring knife right onto my toe.
Tuesday I was admitted to the hospital for health problems. I am home now, but on 6 different medications.
This week I was on the computer and rolled the computer chair over my foot, my big toe nail went with it. The next morning I opened my pantry door on the same toe, pulling my nail farther back.Then I did the dishes and dropped a paring knife right onto my toe.
Tuesday I was admitted to the hospital for health problems. I am home now, but on 6 different medications.
Yikes! Can a girl catch a break?
Needless to say I have taken a break from training.
Needless to say I have taken a break from training.
-------------------------------------------
Dane has been studying for the bar for 1 month now. I knew that the 3 months in between graduation and the actual test would be hard... I just didn't know how hard. It is like finals, but only 10 times worse. ( law finals=widow)
So I was so relieved when last weekend he told me that we would be going on an overnight date. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was to be able to spend that time with my husband.
We started the night ( and actually spent most of our night there) at Powell's Books. If you like bookstores you would be aw struck. Imagine 10 borders all in one. I know right? Mind boggling.
I picked up: Sense and Sensibility that was printed over twenty years ago, a 10 year old print out of Robert Frost's poems{two roads diverged in a yellow wood} and this months book club pick. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society.
Afterwards we strolled the downtown streets of Portland. I have to admit we had a pretty good time, people on crack are very entertaining to observe. Also I guess that neon striped tights are all the rage for 15 year old kids? I just can't get the wicked witch of the west outta mind.
After a fabulous night in the downtown Westin we made our way up the Japanese Gardens. I hadn't been yet, and I couldn't believe what I was missing out on. I am definitely going back as soon as a get a better tripod. Thanks auntie Amy for watching the chillin's.
After all the widowness, this was the perfect medicine to get us recharged.
Only one more month. {SIGH}
6 comments:
How fun. I hear ya.
i took the one less traveled by... and that has made all the difference. thank you ivy hall.
good luck to him. i wish james only had one month!
OH FUN!
How fun! I am soooo ready for the bar exam to be OVER!!! We have never been to the Japanese Gardens either... maybe we will steal your idea. We should get together to break up the long days!! I tried to find your phone number the other day, and couldn't find it anywhere. My email address is thegoldthorpes@gmail.com
Your week has been terrible! At least you had the great date night in there to make up for it. I hope you recover quickly - call if you need ANYTHING!!
Post a Comment