7.11.2009

Blah Blah Blah

Disclaimer: My kids are in bed, and I am horribly bored. Word vomit Ahead:

wow. Provo is different than I remember.

Is it strange that I feel like my memories of things are starting to fade? So sad. I definitely need to write things down when I remember them so that I can always have them.

Walking through the mall ( starting from Nordstrom end ( since that is where I always park) I find myself thinking such different things. Like how different Provo is than the rest of the world. Everyone always said it was a bubble and of course, me being protective of the ode' Provo say " no no no. you're just weird." Okay, I was the one that was weird. The way things go on, the way people dress even down to make up is so different. I find myself thinking things like " wow, so worldly" or " yikes easy on the make-up girl..." etc. I have to remind myself- STOP IT! you are 23. I am a mom of two yes, but quit it.
I have lived in the land of free flying armpit hair and jeans/t-shirt no make up Sasquatch legs too long. I sometimes think that coming here is a great reminder of finding a medium of taking care of yourself. Not granola-braided pits....but not Provo extreme either.

Also- had to write down the fact that I went to scera pool the other day with all the kids. Is there a large population of Greek men in Provo? I swear there were about 20 men in speedo's-hairy chest- and gold medallion necklace attire. OOMPA!

The days are starting to fly by quickly as I know that I am going to be here awhile. At first even an hour seemed to drag. I am in Provo because my champion of a husband is studying for 10-12 hours daily for the bar exam. I was widowed there, so I figure: "Hey- why not go to Utah and be a widow. At least family is everywhere!" Planning to be apart for your soul mate for 2-3 weeks kills me. Oh well, I guess that once I get down a bit of a routine and just kinda act as if I was in Salem.... things might be fine.

Wow. I have wrote a bit more than planned. Oh well- ever since my last blog book arrived.. My excitement for the next installment has grown.

One question to please answer: When did my mentality start changing from " cool" to "momish?"
p.s. I chopped my hair off yesterday. The first thing I told the girl was that I didn't want it
Utah-Valleyish or Momish.
I think she didn't talk to me much after that because I found out after saying that- She is from P.G. and she herself was a mother. Offensive? I guess so. Whoops.

ThE ENd.

7 comments:

sumthinghappened said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
christina said...

just wondering.... how is your sis with MRSA? the nurse in me cant stop thinking about it.... sorry for the randomness....

sumthinghappened said...

Hey Ashleigh, periodically I pop by your blog, as you do mine ;). But today I am extra glad I stopped by because, 1st. last year I spent 4 weeks in Provo while Brett studied for finals. I know how you feel! hang in there! It's hard to be away from your loved one. 2nd. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Provo, always will. But I am so glad to live in Delaware if for only a couple of reasons. I can drive my minivan and no one cares that it's not an SUV. And if I am in a hurry and I don't put make up on to drop the kids off at school, I don't care because no one else has make up on either! Have a great visit, I get mine for 3 weeks in August.

Julia said...

Hello?!! Where's the picture of your haircut???!!!

also, i've decided to grow my armpit hair out just for you. :)

Kayla R. said...

I know I want to see your hair too!!! ASH, sometimes i feel the same about Provo BUT i just remember I have to just find a balance to what makes ME happy just like you said!! I LOVE YOU girl and I really miss ya*

Kelsey Ann said...

You are out and about, that makes me so happy. I have been really worried about you, feeling so bad that you have had to go through all that crap. I love you, we'll have to get together when you FINALLY get back. Being away from your husband is never a fun thing, but take it from a girl that knows, it makes being with them that much more special!
We'll miss you as Amy and I watch Harry Potter at 12:01 tonight!

Lindsay said...

lets see the new do!