Got some good news: Koby is coming home Dec. 12th. This is sara's little boy they are adopting from Ghauna. {he is the one in front with the cream t-shirt} Just to let you all know:
My family is doing a service project for the Lucky Hill Orphanage.
This is where Sara adopted both of her little ones.
From Sara:
We are working on a service project for Lucky Hill School and Orphanage, to take place the weekend before Christmas. We will be making books for the children at the school. The kids have not seen the world, or anything outside their village. So I would like to put together books of pictures of places, people, animals, insects, etc. from all over the world. We will then laminate and bind the books. If you have any other ideas for the books let me know.What we will need for the project:
1. Begin gathering pictures from old books and magazines. We don't want anything too commercial. Just basic pictures of nature or cultures.
2. Check your local library for donations and DI for old magazines.
Also When Brad and I were there we notice children who were too thirsty to keep their head up in class. I just learned that many of the children in the surrounding village are starving. Gloria has enough food to feed the kids living at the school a good diet because of the adoption money, but she is now having to charge 30 cents per lunch for kids who come to school from the surrounding village. My friend Becky's children (who she is adopting 12 and 8) they did not eat for 3 days two weeks ago. Becky saw another child last week who was huddled in fetal position at school because his stomach was so hungry. He did not have the money to pay for lunch. There are many children who are starving right around Lucky Hill. Our group is in the process of figuring a way for donors to pay for scholarships and most importantly lunch for these children. If any of you are able, I know times are hard, but $15 would give Gloria the ability to feed one child lunch for one whole month!Love you all. I will keep you all updated
I know that this is alot to ask, but $15.00 would feed one child for a month!
I am asking everyone for any help. $5.00, $10.00... anything.
Also, if you can't give money-
any books of animals, places in the world etc. Just nothing really commericial-
(disney characters..etc.)
Email me if you are interested in helping out these little children
ashleighhansen44@hotmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment