7.29.2010

Book Worm.

It is official. The Hansen kids are bookworms.

With them both, I have really tried each day to get a solid hour of just reading books.

"An hour of books a day keeps the tv away" is my motto. I {DESPISE} the t.v for little brains.

So. When reading books that much, I am always on the look out for some good new books.
I just picked up some new Dr. Suess, new Maisy and Curious George. Oh, and a Fancy Nancy for B.



I just have to give the "Maisy" books a plug. They are awesome. They are big drawings with bold colors so they are fantastic even for newborns. I can't tell you how many times I had to re-buy "Maisy goes to the Farm" for Rafe.



So, do you have any suggestions of books my kids must have?

4 comments:

Camille said...

oh, i'll have to try the maisy books. i love Mo Willems books with the pig and the elephant. not a lot of words, lots of surprises, fun for adults.

my all time favorites though are Little Pea and Little Hoot by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. Hilarious books.

Julie Barnes said...

Your kids are so cute! I totally agree about the TV. We try to read as much as possible during the day and stay away from the TV. Not always possible, but worth a try. :)

Dallin and Janelle Lewis said...

Dorothy like "Paper-Bag Princess" and Winnie-the-Pooh up the ying-yang right now. P.P. Princess is pretty cute, I'd go for that. And we'll have to check out the "Maisy" books.

-Dallin

amy kay said...

My first graders are in love with a book I just read them, Princess Pigtoria and the Pea. Oh, and Doctor Desoto is a MUST.