As I have become very familiar with in this past year, once again I find myself on bed rest. Not from a baby, but from a hip. Yes this is right. I had hip surgery. When Dane first found out I wish I could say he was shocked. However; he just laughed and said that he thought I would be a little older than 25 when they would have to start working on my hips. After I found a tumor/mass the size of a baseball on my hip, there were multiple MRI's, blood work and a lot of prayer. After a uncertain MRI we were left waiting for about two weeks to find out what this mass was. Dane gave me the most beautiful blessing. Afterwards I wrote it down, and for I have it in my own personal sacred stash. However; the blessing did say that my body would be resilient and that people from all around would be wanting and willing to help me recover. My testimony and faith in the priesthood/ LDS church never waivers, but moments like this only make my love for IT(priesthood/righteous priesthood holder) grows leaps and bounds.
So once again, after a long blah blah blah story, I am off of my legs for 3 weeks. I am almost at the end of the stint and I cant even BEGIN to explain how excited I am. For some who who loves to exercise, run, dance, clean, run, clean and play with my kids this past year of laying ( and gaining extra love weight) has been EXTREMELY hard for me. To say the least.
These last few days as I observe my kids from my couch, I only have been sad at how fast my kids are growing up. My parents always say " Enjoy this time. It is the best time of your life." and my Mom always says to me after Berkley does something special "oh Ashy, you just don't know how lucky you are." Summer always feel like such a rush to me. Rushing to the park, Rushing to the pool..etc. I have got to take the time to have days at home. Doing nothing. Jammie's, pretend, reading/writing and just loving and making memories. If I could tell my kids one thing it would be how much I love them. How they complete me. How I wish I could give them the world in a little present complete with a big giant bow. Unfortunately, I can't. They are going to have to go through pain, trials, making mistakes and learning life for themselves. Heck, I myself am such a young mother, I feel like it's a joke that Heavenly Father lent me these three precious spirits to guide along in this life.
That is really what it comes down to. Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and living this life to be willing to return home with our heads held high. Living in Utah it is a easy thing to get caught up in EVERYTHING and ANYTHING besides the church. ( which is actually terribly sad.) people here ( and LDS, temple going people) are so different and are always trying to be something they are not, and often forgetting the true reason why we are here. Now, in no way am I saying that I am perfect....anyone who knows me knows VERY well how IMPERFECT I am. I find my self always climbing a ladder. Sometimes I am getting higher on that ladder, while other times I take a few steps back down, or slip. That is how life is. We are always only progressing, or re-gressing. ( Word?) Anyways, I never want my children or my friends to know or forget how much I know the reason why we are on this earth, and the only way to truly be happy and completely whole as a family unit or by oneself is through living the teachings of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Book Of Mormon is the center stone of our religion and is true. This I know. I also know that I was sent to the earth to be around people. To share my love of this gospel, and to my open my heart and home to all those around me. Wither of my belief or not. I love people and have such a strong faith in them.
Wow, that was a lot longer than I intended. Also, why it is in titled word vomit. Don't mock my grammar. Never was any good at English. Much to Mrs. Adam's dismay. ( if I put that comma in the wrong spot, she would do her silent scream.) I still have to ask Dane grammar rules. English, Smiglish. The world would be such a better more beautiful place if we could all just speak in Italian, or Portuguese.
5 comments:
Wow- what a very crummy thing to have to deal with at such a young age! How terrible- I hope whatever they found was benign! You'll be in our prayers!
The lesson in relief society today was pretty much what you wrote about- that family is everything (I mean, the lesson was on missionary work, but it boiled down to the reason we do it is because we love our family).
I hope you heal quickly and are able to enjoy those little gems you have more! I miss seeing you on facebook!
Oh ashy I love you Sis! You are one of the coolest people I know! That was a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing. Hang in there.
I love you Ashy. I haven't read any blogs for a really long time and when I signed in today, scrolled through posts I might be interested in, I got incredibly excited to read yours. I haven't gotten to be a part of you and your family's life much but when you share what is going on I feel closer to you. Thank you for sharing your testimony. You certainly are a young mother of three but no one is more perfect for the job than you, and your experiences you endure have always seemed to fast track your success. And you'll be able to lend them that life experience and teach what you've learned through it nearly immediately. I am grateful for you, grateful to say I'm related to you. You are doing such great things!!!
Love you Ashy poo!! You're one awesome mom!
Love you Ashy poo!! You're one awesome mom!
Post a Comment