11.23.2007

*3 THINGS*

1. Blackout Shopping was INSANE. Yes I said insane. Well I bet you are thinking duh right? Well, I went last year in provo and thought it was bad. nananan- I have NEVER seen a walmart so crowded. I witnessed an insane yelling battle, ( between a 300 pound woman and a hick) and I even got shoved a few times. It was a battle to get anything you wanted!
I hit up Walmart(Dvd player that I didn't end up getting), Craft Warehouse (40% off coupon), Target for movies and The Office ( only $14.88!) Finally Old Navy.

I am home now, I have my stuff and I am very tired. Holy cow I need to lay down.


2. Thanksgiving was GREAT! We went up to Portland yesterday and spent the day with the Quantstrom side of the family. ( danes moms side) I absolutley love them all. I am so greatful to have such loving parent-in-laws, and grandparents. I never really had any grandparents growing up, so having them so close is SO GREAT. Also, I never grew up with a grandpa so having grandpa Q...( and Grandpa Hansen) is so So SO nice.


We ate a fabulous meal- turkey, mashed potatoes (which I made..) yams, green beans, jello, rolls ( Cindy makes heavenly rolls) stuffing ( the best I have had to date) etc. etc. etc. The list goes on and on. For desert we had bananna cream pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate coconut and pecan. yum. I need to un-do my top button just thinking about it-


So, have you ever heard of paddle ball? That was the game of the evening last night... It looks quite simple but is acutally very intense. The set we were playing with is over 35 years old. Vintage right? I was in a dule to save my life. Against a 7 year old. She had a killer swing.Needless to say, I lost. She looks so innocent....
Even Rafe got into the game. He played for an hour straight and screamed bloody murder when we went home.
Here I am Lauging SO HARD becaus ,yet agian, the 7 year old scored! 3. I have already put up my christmas tree. Do you think I am excited for the holidays?
I was going to redo my decorations for the tree this year... but then I decided I didn't want to spend the money. I like my tree anyways....


4 comments:

Kayla R. said...

I am so glad to hear you had a good thanksgiving!!me too i love you bashy*

dane said...

You already put up the Christmas tree?! How long have I been at school today? Oh no...you got in the storage closet--say it ain't so.

becca said...

Last year we got our tree a week before Thanksgiving! We've been too busy this year to put one up yet. We have put up all our other decorations though!

Sounds like fun this morning. Walmart can be crazy in those early hours. My friend went last year and had some great stories to share. I'm glad you made it out alive.

Heather Palmer said...

Looks like a fun Thanksgiving. I am amazed you did the shopping thing...good for you. I hit Michael's in the afternoon and went straight home after that...
Also, I put my tree up too...right before Thanksgiving. I love Christmas...the longer the better! Hopefully we'll see you guys sometime before the holidays are over!