11.17.2007

I did it.









Just finished. Red faced
and sweaty.



So, I did it. A long story:

1. Cough, sore throat and scratchy lungs decided to join me for this joyful occasion. Yes, it was fabulous.

2. Rain. Rain. and wait, more Rain. Yes it rained the ENTIRE race.

3. Woke up late. ( barely made it to Eugene for the registration.)

Other than that- it went great! I felt absolutley retarded for running with a sore throat and cough the first couple miles. I kept thinking to myself...Ashleigh you IDIOT! How are you going to do this race when you can't even breathe? I was seriously winded on my first mile and a half. I pushed through it though. By my 3rd mile I felt great! I was pretty sure I was going to puke about half way through...But... HOORAY I didnt!
My knees held up great this race. I popped some advil before the gun. I am sure that they saved my life.

And yes! Dane decided to come. I WAS SO HAPPY! thank you for supporting me Daner!yes. Daner.

After math: last race I got cold sores... this race I got... well how do I put this... An unsolid stomach. ALL DAY AND NIGHT. Why do I run these again?

2 comments:

Kayla R. said...

you are awesome!

Lindsay Ross said...

i have no idea why you run these... haha but i am proud of you