
So, after all of that: It is finally here. After 4 months of training-( with a VERY BIG interruption of 3 weeks bedridden) it is finally here. The Eugene " RUN TO STAY WARM." This is a charity run to provide coats, and warm places for homeless and needy families. I am so pumped! 13.2 miles- here I come! The course is mostly flat- which is a good and a bad thing. ( I like my hills for variety) The gun goes at 9:00 on Saturday morning.
If you think that I will have a crowd of fans waiting for me at the finish line...your wrong. One word. FINALS. Danes new wife is his Federal Tax Income book, and his mistriss is Administrative Law. I am not jealous- he can have them. So, I will be driving an hour there ( on good knees) getting pumped by my lonesome , and then NOT looking for them at checkpoints. Then, all of this glory will be followed by an hour drive home( with paralized legs because of bad knees...). Ahh but it is all worth it. After all, they do bless you with an amazing medal and a pretty killer T-shirt that will most likely make its way to Goodwill within the next year.
Who would of ever thought I would have been a runner? DEFINETLY not me. 4 years ago I would have taken a leg amputation instead of running 1 mile.
6 comments:
Timpview Gossip site???
Your posts always crack me up! You motivate me and make running sound so fun that I've attempted it...a few times. Maybe I will catch the bug like you someday...and then my dr can tell me to gain 5-7 pounds! I would LOVE to hear that...but probably won't!!! :)
good luck on your run! it will be brutal but soooooo worth it.
now there is something i would like to address. (but i won't do it anonymously.) timpview gossip site? what's that about? i'm going to be honest when i say that yes timpview is pretty gossip-ish but i was doing a little research before i wrote this comment and from what i can tell there is literally 0% gossip. this is a good way for all of us to keep up so don't put us (including yourself) down. love you.
oh and i watched the oregon vs arizona game last night. that sucks! except that if oregon had been firing with all pistons (dixon and stewart out) they could've pulled it off. oh well, they'll bounce back.
good luck! ill be at the finish line! wait... no i wont because i will be moving into my
NEW HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!
i love you! you will do awesome!
Post a Comment