12.29.2008

Our Christmas Package-















Dane and B right after birth-


First time meeting my little girl. I am still getting sewn up here-














I couldn't have been more excited for Christmas this year. Rafe was finally at the age were he knew what Santa was about, he understood it was the savior's birthday and I had a baby coming in a week! Tuesday afternoon, Dane and I finished our Christmas shopping and then headed up to Portland for Christmas. The roads were so bad that our trip ended up taking a whopping 4 hours. ( this is the 55 minute drive usually). The roads were TERRIBLY bumpy the entire way. I kept joking it was going to put me into labor. HA ha Ha. Jokes on me.
Wednesday I wrapped presents, watched movies and made a last minute run to Target. Once again, the roads were so bumpy I kept saying..." This is going to put me into labor" This time being a little more serious because it was making me contract. We headed out to our Uncle Scott's house for the Christmas Eve festivities... once again on the bumpy roads. After I finished eating the contractions started. They picked up very quickly and about 30 minutes after they started, I was upstairs throwing up. After faking that I was fine for a good 2 hours we finally made it home. Once again traveling on the hellish roads. This time the laughter and joking was gone as I just cried on the way home. The pressure of this little one pushing on me while I was getting tossed around was... can I say.... Painfull. Once home, I immediately got in the tub hoping that the contractions would slow as they always had. 
Nope.
 Heating pad was placed on the tummy to relieve the pain.
 Nope.
 I called my doc and she told me to go in once the contractions were 5 minutes apart. Too bad they were already 2 minutes apart. Dane insisted we go in, but I wouldn't. I took 2 Tylenol PM and 3 extra strength and went to bed. 
4 a.m. came and I couldn't lay anymore. The tub became my friend until 6 a.m.. Everyone awoke and we opened presents. Rafe loved Christmas and I am so glad that I made myself grin and bare it. I finally agreed to go in around 11:00. 
I was determined for the past two weeks that I could have the baby before Christmas or after Christmas, just not on Eve or day. Berkley had a plan of her own. I guess a way of showing me who's boss. 
When we arrived at Gresham Hospital ( yes, Gresham!) I was contracting every 1-3 minutes. They checked me in and told me they would be doing the c-section in 1 hour and 30 minutes. I was a little freaked but excited to meet the little angel.
The Spinal Tap was horrible, long story short they had to do it twice because they hit a nerve.
Pregnancy is over and I have my precious little girl here with me. 
All of the pain, nausea and bed rest was worth it.

"Before you were concieved I wanted you, Before you were born I loved you, Before I knew you an hour I would give my life for you."
 

20 comments:

Kelly Munns said...

oh my gosh, she is gorgeous! what a stinker of a baby...wonder where she gets her strong will? now that that's all over with, i'm sure she'll be the most angelic baby! congratulations you guys...

Julia said...

Congrats!! So glad everyone is well! Cant wait to meet her!!

Kelsey Ann said...

I love her already! I can't wait to get to know little Berkley better and have Lucy grow up with a girl cousin to play with and love too! Thanks for making it happen Ash!

Nicole said...

So cute! I can't wait to meet her! I love the name! congrats and hope you are doing well! Love ya!

Evie Wonder said...

She's beautiful! Congrats!

Evie Wonder said...

She's beautiful! Congrats!

Nakita Ellis said...

Wow she is one darling little girl!! Congratulations! Completely beautiful!

Tamara said...

She's beautiful! What does Rafe think so far? It sounds like quite the ordeal, but I loved the quote at the end of your entry. Interesting, isn't it, how our "plans" turn out? ;) I'm so glad you're all happy and healthy. Congratulations!

Maddy said...

Congratulations!!!

Allison said...

Congratulations! She's a beauty.

Lindsay said...

:) very sweet ash!

Heather Palmer said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby with a beautiful name! I'm so thrilled for you guys!! Can't wait to meet her this summer!
We love you guys!
(off to watch your vidoes)

Jenn said...

She is beautiful!!!

Stefanie Bell said...

Congrats! She is so darling!! I'm sure you are relieved to have her here!

Brooke said...

congrats- you are going to lOVE having a Girl!

jenna said...

congrats! two kids!!! you go girl!!

jenna said...

how is your recovery going?

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you having to drive on the roads as bad as they were makes me ache. I am glad that you made it there safely and that Berkley did too.

Lindsey S. said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! She is beautiful!

Kayla R. said...

She is gorgeous!!!! CONGRATS:)