I have always considered you to be a modern girl!! Go modern & use bright colors!! GOOD LUCK I know what you are going through.. it's tough but fun at the same time!
best advice i ever got -- don't expect to have it decorated in a few months or even a year. its better to collect a piece here or there that you really love then filling it up with crap.
You're better at that stuff than I am. I do have some Pottery Barn catalogs that I drool over that you can have. Or Potterybarn.com then go to ikea to copy it.
I am leaving a comment but am not sure what help I can give! We totally need to get together sometime soon though. I am going crazy. I can't make myself do anything and need a reason to take a shower and get out the house. Omsi, the zoo? I can say I am goign on my own but I know it won't happen. What do you think? Tyler isn't here all week so I am free any time. Let me know! Oh, and I will let you know if I have any ideas. I am always a Pottery Barn fan, but can never afford the whole room, or half the room come to think of it. oh, we didn't get the house, so sad huh!!!
Oh shut up about being 275lbs, you are a hot mama for sure! Thursday works for me. Where do you want to go? the zoo or omsi? I suppose we should check the weather before deciding to go to the zoo.
I have a great tip...If you look at the Potterybarn stuff and you love something, wait till it goes on sale. They are horrible at returns and very strick about them. Stuff goes on sale there all the time multiple times. So wait it out, don't just buy everything at once. I learned the hard way! Good luck!!
I found this on one of Nat's friends blogs. Thought the fabric in the frames were super cute. Also love the plate wall. I've also seen scrapbook paper in frames - cute and cheap. DI or Goodwill could have some rockin' frames :)
Blow up big pictures of your family!!!!!! Mix it up, black and white and colored! Maybe do some canvas pictures with no frames???? Or a collage of different frames. Everyone I talk to wishes that they blew up big pictures of the kiddos and family!!!!!
I like to get inspiration online. I find a room I really like and make any changes that I don't like. And like other people said take your time. I just bought and bought when we got married and now wish I would have waited a little to find stuff I loved. I also didn't think kid friendly. So we are storring our coffee table until we can get another kid freindly one. But again we've never had a house, so when that day comes I'll start all over. I love pictures. Pictures of family is great preferably black and white and paint, colors are fantastic! Ever watch HGTV? You can get some great ideas off that. Or HGTV.com GOod luck, you'll do awesome.
take your time. when we built our house i promised myself i would do that. and then i didn't. and now i hate half the things i bought. so here i am, left with things i sort of like. there is nothing like a clean pallet.
Okay....I definitely agree with the IKEA idea. I have personally kept IKEA up and running through these hard times. Everything in my house is from there. You were just here the other night....it is like a catalog.
Color is very important. If you have been renting...You have to be sick of white walls. All I can say is play around. I painted my walls so many times when I first moved in that I used to get teased that we would have to re-texture. But it is the only way to find your true colors. The paint chips just don't quite give you the right feeling as a whole wall will. Have fun. Be creative. And don't be afraid to do anything.
Get the Better Homes and Gardens special edition magazine 'Do it Yourself'. It's the best! It's where I got ALL my ideas for my kitchen/dining room...It comes out four times a year, And even if you don't want to do it yourself it has great ideas for just putting together a room! No kids rooms yet though...They need to put out a special edition for kids rooms!
16 comments:
I have always considered you to be a modern girl!! Go modern & use bright colors!! GOOD LUCK I know what you are going through.. it's tough but fun at the same time!
One room should be a "Ducks" theme...Dane's study???
take ikea to the cleaners-- that's what i did.
best advice i ever got -- don't expect to have it decorated in a few months or even a year. its better to collect a piece here or there that you really love then filling it up with crap.
I'm calling your bluff. :)
You're better at that stuff than I am. I do have some Pottery Barn catalogs that I drool over that you can have. Or Potterybarn.com then go to ikea to copy it.
I am leaving a comment but am not sure what help I can give! We totally need to get together sometime soon though. I am going crazy. I can't make myself do anything and need a reason to take a shower and get out the house. Omsi, the zoo? I can say I am goign on my own but I know it won't happen. What do you think? Tyler isn't here all week so I am free any time. Let me know!
Oh, and I will let you know if I have any ideas. I am always a Pottery Barn fan, but can never afford the whole room, or half the room come to think of it. oh, we didn't get the house, so sad huh!!!
Oh shut up about being 275lbs, you are a hot mama for sure!
Thursday works for me. Where do you want to go? the zoo or omsi? I suppose we should check the weather before deciding to go to the zoo.
I have a great tip...If you look at the Potterybarn stuff and you love something, wait till it goes on sale. They are horrible at returns and very strick about them. Stuff goes on sale there all the time multiple times. So wait it out, don't just buy everything at once. I learned the hard way! Good luck!!
I found this on one of Nat's friends blogs. Thought the fabric in the frames were super cute. Also love the plate wall. I've also seen scrapbook paper in frames - cute and cheap. DI or Goodwill could have some rockin' frames :)
Good luck! :) Miss you!
http://sharandandrew.blogspot.com/2008/12/view-from-living-room-yipes-amy-butler.html
Blow up big pictures of your family!!!!!! Mix it up, black and white and colored! Maybe do some canvas pictures with no frames???? Or a collage of different frames. Everyone I talk to wishes that they blew up big pictures of the kiddos and family!!!!!
I think painting makes the biggest difference!!! good luck, your house is adorable!!
I like to get inspiration online. I find a room I really like and make any changes that I don't like. And like other people said take your time. I just bought and bought when we got married and now wish I would have waited a little to find stuff I loved. I also didn't think kid friendly. So we are storring our coffee table until we can get another kid freindly one. But again we've never had a house, so when that day comes I'll start all over. I love pictures. Pictures of family is great preferably black and white and paint, colors are fantastic! Ever watch HGTV? You can get some great ideas off that. Or HGTV.com GOod luck, you'll do awesome.
take your time. when we built our house i promised myself i would do that. and then i didn't. and now i hate half the things i bought. so here i am, left with things i sort of like. there is nothing like a clean pallet.
i am soooo excited to see it!!! i think you need a crazy bright WALL!!!
Okay....I definitely agree with the IKEA idea. I have personally kept IKEA up and running through these hard times. Everything in my house is from there. You were just here the other night....it is like a catalog.
To help you get to 15...I'm doing another post :D
Color is very important. If you have been renting...You have to be sick of white walls. All I can say is play around. I painted my walls so many times when I first moved in that I used to get teased that we would have to re-texture. But it is the only way to find your true colors. The paint chips just don't quite give you the right feeling as a whole wall will. Have fun. Be creative. And don't be afraid to do anything.
Get the Better Homes and Gardens special edition magazine 'Do it Yourself'. It's the best! It's where I got ALL my ideas for my kitchen/dining room...It comes out four times a year, And even if you don't want to do it yourself it has great ideas for just putting together a room! No kids rooms yet though...They need to put out a special edition for kids rooms!
Post a Comment