8.10.2009

Weekend update

I got a little crafty. I turned this $15.00 garage sale find into this: The picture really cannot do it justice. The lamp and candlesticks found from Pier 1(candlesticks $3.98 a piece and the lamp for 29.95) and the plant burlap sack idea is from " The lettered Cottage." I just made it my own by embrodering an H onto it.
The frames I found at craft wearhouse for 40%off of $9.99. I sprayed the cardboard backing with chalkboard paint. Now I can write whatever I want on them. Dane had just come home from AZ-thus the message on the boards.

I learned the new art of Rug hooking, and tried a fabulous recipe for amazing peach pie.

Little Miss tried to feed herself a bottle. Without any luck.


Went to Enchanted Forest with Chandler, Tina, Chey and Shane. Oh ya, Little Miss was there too. She sat like this the whole time. Sometimes I forgot she was there.



Rafe went down the slides, through the witches mouth and even peeked into the windows of the "three little pigs house."
Enchanted forest- if you are up for a mediocre theme park that thrived in the 70's.... this is the place.
It is only $8.95. Worth every penny.
( oh ya, I had a $20.00 gift certificate from last years birthday that I used to buy the lamp.) amazing I know.

6 comments:

Lindsay Ross said...

woot woot! way to go ash! it looks awesome

Laura said...

love these pictures. could you please e-mail me the pie recipe. that is if your willing to share with your sweetest sis :) that dresser is crazy awesome but even better is how you decorated it and around it. talented!!

The Red Crew said...

I never would've guessed that your entire table and display were such steal of a deals! Totally jealous of such skills. I've heard of Enchanted forest, from the Hornibrooks actually, it looks like Emmett would love it! Still think we should get together sometime!

Unknown said...

Love it! Can you come do my house?

Nicole said...

Wow you did such an awesome job! Was it very hard? Wish you were close to come help me!

Lindsay said...

you inspire me, I want to be crafty!