The death-defying part was making the gamble of flying through a blind intersection (could not see cars coming from the right). I missed a car by two feet--not an exaggeration. If I hadn't leaned slightly to the right at the last second I'd have plowed into the back seat of a Honda through the window.
The moral of the story: a) I was stupid; b) wear a helmet during day-rides; c) bail BEFORE you ride through an intersection, not after.
PS: It was at least 40mph. I know what 30 feels like, and I wouldn't have bailed at that speed. 40-45, that's out of control.
Ash oh wow. I am glad that he is still alive. Dane you are CRAZY!!!!!!!!! but I also admit that its cool that you have kid in you still. Could you find another kid like hobby - something a little safer - LEGOS? Ash I miss you I will call you. Love you. Dane be careful!!
Scary! Make him wear a helmet. Our brother-in-law's brother, who was a really good long boarder, died a couple months ago and probably wouldn't have had he worn his helmet.
That is insane. Funny since I've known you guys (and Ryan actually) Dane has gotten seriously injured a couple of times, and I have never experienced Ryan getting injured...he has just slowly turned more and more nerd I guess! A computer can't hurt you that bad... :) Should I be grateful? or concerned? :P I just want to know what the heck he did to get that beat up!? How did he wreck!? Well we are glad he is okay! :) Oh and you should go to our blog to hear the big news! :)
6 comments:
The death-defying part was making the gamble of flying through a blind intersection (could not see cars coming from the right). I missed a car by two feet--not an exaggeration. If I hadn't leaned slightly to the right at the last second I'd have plowed into the back seat of a Honda through the window.
The moral of the story: a) I was stupid; b) wear a helmet during day-rides; c) bail BEFORE you ride through an intersection, not after.
PS: It was at least 40mph. I know what 30 feels like, and I wouldn't have bailed at that speed. 40-45, that's out of control.
Ash oh wow. I am glad that he is still alive. Dane you are CRAZY!!!!!!!!! but I also admit that its cool that you have kid in you still. Could you find another kid like hobby - something a little safer - LEGOS? Ash I miss you I will call you. Love you. Dane be careful!!
Scary! Make him wear a helmet. Our brother-in-law's brother, who was a really good long boarder, died a couple months ago and probably wouldn't have had he worn his helmet.
That is insane. Funny since I've known you guys (and Ryan actually) Dane has gotten seriously injured a couple of times, and I have never experienced Ryan getting injured...he has just slowly turned more and more nerd I guess! A computer can't hurt you that bad... :) Should I be grateful? or concerned? :P
I just want to know what the heck he did to get that beat up!? How did he wreck!? Well we are glad he is okay! :)
Oh and you should go to our blog to hear the big news! :)
Oh well I just read his comment about how it happened...that is a little scary if you ask me! :)
Okay, wow. WOW! I would say that's stupid, except it's so fun that he does that kind of stuff! Cheating death = HOT! Admit it, you love it! :)
Post a Comment