8.11.2011

We're home



So, Tues. was the day we were having our pre-construction meeting, and after we forked over a HEFTY construction deposit we would only be two and a half weeks away from building our home.


That day I had been feeling a bit unsettled. I thought I was nervous or the future excitement building...wrong.


So, as I was downstairs in my room folding laundry I got an overpowering feeling:


It's not right.


What? No way. I just picked out everything!

again: It's not right.


So, just to satisfy what I was feeling I went to the computer and looked on the Utah MLS.


I searched P.G. and found a brand new listing. Only on the market for 6 days to be exact.

I made an appointment to go see it that day, before my housing appointment.


When I walked in, I liked it. Yes, it is small. Yes, it needs some TLC. Yes, it was way under our budget. However; Immediately feel in love. Dane came out just two hours after to walk through it with me.

As we were in the laundry room, a feeling came over me. We were home and I knew it.


This is were Heavenly Father wanted our family.


Botta Bing.


We put in an offer last night, and today---We have a house!





Above is the Family area. I can't get the other photos to work.


I am excited to already have a beautiful backyard, and beautiful kept up garden. It has apple and blossiming peach trees that line the back fence. One of which has a tree house. SCORE!


The house is small, but well within our means. I mean really,- after being so dang poor for so long, being tight for a house just sounded awful.


So in the future I am sure I will be posting a lot of before and after pictures.


We close Sept.6Th, just in time to be in our own home for Duck Football.


( and yes, I really have thought about not being in my own home to watch the Ducks. I know...I am sick.)




So cheers to new beginnings!


( going to buy my ducks flag to hang outside right now...)

8 comments:

Suzy said...

Wow Ash! This so exciting and will probably be less stress than building. Plus you will make it so adorable! Congrats!

Paigeepee. said...

yayyyy!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! :D

CIRACA said...

Ash I'm proud of you! We are in the middle of buying a home right now, and it is SO hard to walk away from something you have your mind set on-I've wondered if we should do the same a few times. This place is darling:)

Dane said...

My only standards for our house: 1) Does it have a toilet? 2) Is there a place I can park a boat?

This one has both. I'm fine.

Florence Family Blog said...

Lol! I like Dane's comment! Man what a roller coaster! Glad you finally found what you were looking for...sad that it is even farther away from us! Especially cause we are looking in Daybreak. We can't wait to see it!

Ryan Florence said...

Dane, those are the same requirement.

Kelsey Ann said...

My mom just told me about this today and I am so excited. I hope we can still come visit. She also told me the square footage and that is NOT SMALL! I can't wait to see more pictures. You have a great eye for style so I bet it is going to be amazing!

Taraleigh Gray said...

Congrats to you and your family! We just went through a very similar process...almost buying a house that we loved but then felt wrong about, then in the same week found the one for us that was only on the market for 2 weeks. Good luck with everything. Home buying is such a stressful thing, and with a baby coming you have a lot on your plate!