12.11.2011

Day 24

Today is day 24.
I feel like I am going to go crazy due to the pain.
I haven't been able to sleep through the night for a couple nights now due to contractions.
I went into labor and delivery two nights ago and had to get another round of shots to get my contractions to stop. They were coming every 2 minutes- or faster.
The doctor gave me sleep/pain medicine for nights, and pain medicine for the day. Only problem is- they are awful! They make me feel even more disgusting, and they make me itch. So then I have to take an antihistamine. All that medication has to be bad for the baby, and I refuse to take all of that on a daily basis. I can't even describe what it feels like, but sometimes I think my body is literally going to break in half.

As I sit here in tears, I am thinking of the blessing Dane gave me this morning.
As I sit here and type this I know that the Savior experienced all that I am feeling.
I know that with faith, prayer and a lot of hot baths I can make it.

I can do hard things.{right?}
5 more days before I can get up and walk, clean, and shop my way into dilation.



2 comments:

Jeff and Kelly and kids said...

Ashley-

It's Kelly(Bridges)Rhea! I have been keeping up with your blog lately and all your entries about your little baby. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! I only wish I lived closer so we could not only catch up with each other, but so I could offer my help as well! Send me an email sometime and let me know how you have been. jkcrhea@hotmail.com

Florence Family Blog said...

Oh man! This entry makes me feel so bad I couldn't come and help today! If Liam is doing better thursday I want to come and help!!