12.21.2011

Day 34

Today is day 34.
It has been a hard last 10 days. The time has gone slow-- so....slow.

About 4 days ago I had to go into labor and delivery to get another round of tributiline shots. At that point my Dr.. told me that when I reached 37 weeks he would do an amnio to check his lungs. If his lungs are mature, he will give me a c-section that day or the next morning. That day is Jan. 9th.
So all in all, I have 18 days left.
18.
They switched my medications, and put me on 2 more. If I don't dilate by myself, I have to wait until the 9th.
The next day I felt mad, angry, depressed, frustrated etc. Then Dane told me something I will never forget. We discussed some pretty sacred things and my attitude has been changing. I have been soaking up every second with each of my children. Having another child will throw us off for a while, and i want them to know how much I love them.

So all in all- 18 more days max. ( if they don't change dates on me again. knock on wood.) One thing I am grateful for is-- he will at least be in and healthy for Christmas Eve. I will be able to enjoy Sundance breakfast with my family, and enjoy all the Christmas festivities.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

yuck. just yuck. :( I'm sorry you have to stay down for so long. I'm on partial bed rest, and I can't imagine having to do more- it's a nightmare...esp. with little ones!

Good luck with everything, we'll pray for you guys!