
Today I am grateful to be a woman. I am grateful that I am a mother, and a wife.
I love this quote so much.
Today I struggle { as I struggle everyday}. Here I am, 15 lbs over weight from my little bundle that I hold in my arms. He is 4 weeks old, and is the most even tempered spirit. Except for when he needs food, he screams. Well, more like yelps. Okay, off the point....
Today I actually found myself not wanting to go out because of my lack of something to wear, and what my body looks like. Luckily I found this quote {yet again} and it put me into check.
Just because I gave birth 4 weeks ago and have an extra 15 lbs on me does not mean I am any less valuable. In fact, I just gave my body up for 9 months so that I could bring another spirit down from heaven to this earth. I have a beautiful healthy boy. I should be proud of every single lb. { well, maybe proud is the wrong word...}
Now I just need to say out loud: {multiple times.. until I believe it}
I am grateful I have a body.
I am grateful that I only gained 25 lbs and not 50lbs while pregnant.
I am grateful that I have two arms, two legs and a healthy brain.
I am grateful. I am thankful. I am.
1 comment:
You are beautiful in every single way. Just remember you got it off the last two times - you will again. Just think of it as for the time being theirs more to love!
Post a Comment