3.11.2009

shananagins.

Whoever said change was good was full of it.


I am going through some changes in my life. I have to stop nursing B, and I have to admit I am very upset about it. I am not a fan of formula. It's man made and full of chemicals and preservatives. ( once I typed this I realized I might have lived in Oregon too long.) The benefits of nursing are huge and I won't be able to give them to my little girl anymore. FRUSTRATION.

Also this is how I feel about my hair. I am having a mid-life mom crisis and I want to chop it. My hair grows slow, so slow I could be 80 before it gets to my boobs. I know if I cut it I will never have the patience to grow it out again. Should I just cut it or stick it out? HELP!


12 comments:

jenna said...

you read my thoughts. im going through this super depressing post baby i'm ugly phase. UGH. nothing worse. whats going on with nursing? i'm so so sorry.

Lindsey S. said...

I'm sorry girl! That's too bad about the nursing. I can't help you out much with the hair. I've only really known myself with long hair and don't dare go short but you look way cute with short hair. I think either way you'll look great!

Julia said...

I'm so sorry about the nursing! And I hope this doesnt sound terrible, I'm just thinking of the pros... you'll have a little more freedom.

I totally understand the hair frustration! I like your hair now, but you've been talking about cutting it for a long time now, so I say if you're still wanting to... just do it. but here's my warning... you cant just throw short hair up in a pony - you have to actually do it. which is good and bad.

Kimberly Ngarupe said...

keep it growing.

Kayla R. said...

I am so sorry:( BUT hey I think you can do either with your hair!!!

Lindsay Ross said...

i cut it and im regretting it every day.... im still not happy with my after pregnancy body yet and i took it out on my hair.... but i do have to say its way healthy and strong now.

Tamara said...

Having had postpartum depression for like... seven years... myself, when you say "changes" and that you have to stop nursing even tho you hate formula... I start to wonder. Are you on Facebook? Can you private message me on there? I don't have your e-mail address. Mine is oregonpugmires@yahoo.com. Wait, I think I do have your e-mail. Oh well. Facebook me or e-mail me if you want to "talk" about it. I've been there and back about a million times. You can delete this if it's too... private.

Also, NEVER, EVER cut your hair when you are going through anything emotional. Wait a month and then see how you feel then.

Kiss those cute Hanson kids for me...

christina said...

hey, i dont know if you remember me, i am beccas older sister... i just want you to know that about the formula thing...i work in the NICU at a local hospital where i live. we give formula ALL of the time. no it is definetly NOT breastmilk but it is now the closest it has ever been. there are good benefits of the formula so dont be too worried! if you are worried about the chemicals and different additives try organic. i know that similac has organic that we feed the babies when the moms request it. again i am totally pro bfeeding but when you cant you cant and its ok!

Gannon said...

I agree...wait on the hair cutting. You have to be sure it's not just to appease your current feelings. Plus, I always regret it when I cut my hair. So wait...if you still feel the same end of April, chop it! You are cute with either!
That does suck about the nursing, but if there isn't anything you can do it about it don't let it get you down!
On another note...we are coming first week in May...so black out your calendar so we can hang!
Ultimate Punch.

Gannon said...

Oops...this is Heather by the way...not sure why Im logged in as Gannon. :) So yes...it's me.

Unknown said...

keep it growing--I know it will be worth it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash after each baby I was ready to cut my hair. Now it has been 19 years since my last baby and my hair is finally long! Who knew if I just didn't cut it would grow and grow! What does your husband think? Good luck onthe decision...you are darling no matter what. Of course I'm prejudiced! ;)