As I lay here on bed rest my mind is overtaken with the things that we are going to do to our new home.
Design has been in my top three favorite hobbies {along with photography and running} for awhile now. However; since law school/new attorney always made the option of getting what I really wanted impossible...I always had to improvise.
Ikea, yard sales, salvation army etc.
Well, I have decided on one thing. Our paint color for our:
Entry, Living Room,Halls and family room will be...drum roll please:
{bdddaaaabbbdddddaaaaaaaaa}
Manchester Tan: Benjamin Moore
I love it's mix of tan and grey while not being to dark. The dark floors in my house require a light wall color. It is a classic neutral that will last for years, and look good with all the wainscoating in the entry and living.
2. My next piece for my living room I thought I had set my eyes on was this little baby from the Z.


Then I remebered what the anchor of this room is going to be. My awesome piano that Dane got for me for christmas while we were fresh out of law school. I think he only paid $350 for it, but that $350 might have been $5,000 to us. It was a moment that I will never forget when I was suprised with it. To think that my sweet husband sacrificed to make my dream of owning a piano become a reality is a special one.
Sigh* I have decided that the First re-do project in my new home will be:
Painting my piano.
Painting my piano.
Wow. It's gonna be a tricky one. Stay tuned to see the outcome....
:keep fingers crossed?:

2 comments:
Love the paint color. Funny thing is it looks exactly like the paint color on our entire floor. We didn't pick it, the people who owned the home before us had the entire main floor painted before they put it up for sale and we have loved the color. And I'm loving that couch, super cute. Can you tell design is on my mind as well. And I feel we are in the same exact situation. Husband new attorney, we are so super poor and I need to start going to garage sales!
What a good idea about painting the piano! I'm excited to see what you do with the house, your design plans are always awesome.
Post a Comment